The events (whether an institutional or product, exclusive or mass, for business or cultural) have assumed, in recent years, increasing weight in the marketing and communication policies of companies and bodies that intend to promote their business, product, service, territory, or idea.
The main purpose is to generate a positive orientation and to create or add value to a brand, a service, a product, an institution, a geographical area, etc. through emotional and experiential actions (information and culture content, shows, interaction, relationships).
An event with a well-structured marketing strategy is an evolution of PR activity and is able to be a strong promotional vehicle thanks to the possibility to make participants live a concrete experience and create empathy between brands and users.
The creation of an event is therefore a fundamental tool to be included within the mix of promotion and communication activities.
What characteristics does an event need to have to achieve its goals?
An event (whether sporting, entertainment, cultural, public, political, advertising, solidarity) to be considered relevant cannot disregard the following characteristics:
- Be consistent with the objectives and mission (company, product, service, etc.);
- have a well-defined target and be consistent with its expectations;
- be unique and have characteristics that distinguish it;
- be attractive to stakeholders;
- Be well communicated.
What benefits does promotion bring through events?
A well thought out, well organized and well-crafted event will lead to the realization of a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Create value. An event can enhance the image of an area, a company, a product, or service;
- Generate notoriety. An event can improve the positioning of a territory, a company, a product, promoting and spreading the image you want to convey;
- Allow versatile communication. An event is a multidimensional and multi-channel tool that can fully adapt to every communication need;
- Reach your target. An event has privileged access to reaching its target thanks to the fact that it takes place live and is able to create an aggregating and at the same time selective communication;
- Create empathy. An event allows the public to participate in a real and interactive way creating an experience with high emotional content;
- Different from competitors. An event is more incisive than other forms of communication and can have easy access to the media through media relations activities;
- Create a profit. An event is able to generate new flows (tourism, sales, etc.)
How does a successful event take place?
The event is a complex and articulated tool that requires organized planning, management, and coordination of different skills and a lot of creativity.
Event management (the management of an event) has three stages of implementation:
- Pre Event: set up all strategic planning activities, from the identification of a concept and objectives to the programming and management of all the necessary basic elements and logistical contents (positioning, period, duration, market, localization, schedule, resources, investments, expected results) to put into practice the realization of the event; involve all stakeholders and move according to a specific organization to better define all the activities to be managed; engagement through communication and promotion.
- During the Event: focus on on-site management and coordination; create an active experience; create actions aimed at increasing the number of visitors and stimulating interaction during the event (product and brand experience actions, testing, cultural activities).
- Post Event: stimulate memory and loyalty through the dissemination of results; strengthening relations with participants; creating reporting and verification actions, analyze the results.
Each event is a reality in its own right, which achieves the success hoped for only when it manages to obtain the satisfaction of the customer and the public and to achieve the objectives set in the expected times and methods.
Only by addressing professional event managers, who will understand your goal and transform it into emotion through the senses, can experiences be valued and made unique to your target.
Why Hire a Corporate and Business Events?
If you are planning to have a conference it is best that you focus only on the things that you love doing. All the stressful things like finding the venue in Toronto or renting all the other facilities like audio and visual systems. We will save you time and money because you don’t have to find and pay different companies for different things while doing most of the work by yourself.
Future’s Past Events is a leader among special event production companies, assisting some of the largest companies in Toronto with spectacular displays and all event staging solutions. Make us a call at (416) 939-7525 or send us an email at [email protected] We work with you to find the best options that fit your budget, meet your schedule, and portray your message exactly as you envision.